Virtual Careers Event
On the 8th and 9th of July Croxley Danes School held a Virtual Careers event, the aim of which was to encourage our students to have the highest aspirations about their possible future careers. Students completed a variety of the following tasks focusing on careers over the two-day event:
• Exploring Start profile accessing numerous home learning activities linking to the world of work
• The skills needed to become an Entrepreneur whilst also demonstrating their creativity when designing their own innovation to support elite athletes.
• A number of informative video clips
• A variety of careers challenges
• Online guest speakers – My Careers Journey – The importance of Literacy and Oracy in the workplace.
The event was a huge success with students, Mia in Year 7 said,
“I found Careers day very interesting because of the range of activities set. Start has helped me to choose what’s right for my future and what skills of mine are required for my future job. Overall, Careers day was great and I’m looking forward to next year!”
and Milly in Year 8 commented,
“It was nice to find out what jobs we could have in the future according to our preferences. It was interesting to find out more about what apprenticeships we could take and learn more about university and college “.
Miss Wilding, Careers Lead and Head of Years 8 & 9, who organised the two-day event reflected, “Due to school closures we had to sadly postpone many of our planned careers events which were due to take place. It was, however, a fantastic opportunity to provide our students with a remote/virtual careers experience to ensure we are still supporting our students with their future aspirations. It was a great couple of days!”.
We are very pleased with the engagement of our students and the enthusiasm they demonstrated to develop new skills.