Sixth Form Curriculum
the construction of the timetable will be co-ordinated between both schools to maximise flexibility and breadth of provision
In the Sixth Form, it is likely that a similar range of subjects will be available to those which are currently offered at St Clement Danes: English language, English literature, maths, further maths, biology, chemistry, physics, computing, French, Spanish, German, geography, history, RE/philosophy, art, drama, music, business studies, economics, psychology, sociology, product design, textiles and PE.
As with Key Stages 3 and 4, the construction of the timetable will be co-ordinated between both schools to maximise flexibility and breadth of provision. One benefit of the two schools working together will be the ability for both schools to maintain the delivery of subjects which become less popular, and which other local schools may be forced to drop. Sixth Form students will also take part in a comprehensive programme of activities to include careers guidance, work shadowing and higher education events to prepare them for the world beyond Croxley Danes School.
Teaching will be characterised by:
- detailed knowledge of every individual within a class
- high expectations of all
- very positive relationships with students and parents
- strong subject knowledge
- excellent use of assessment
- rapid and sustained progress by students
- engendering a love of learning in students
- delivering a creative curriculum which nourishes student enquiry
Learning will be characterised by:
- the development of a love of learning in a safe and happy environment
- being confident to be creative and to take calculated risks
- building resilience in students when faced with academic or personal adversity
- providing increasing opportunities for independent learning
- developing the ability of students to recognise when others need support and to make judgements about how to best provide such support
- developing a self-awareness of physical and emotional well-being
For more information about Sixth Form life at St Clement Danes, the blueprint for Croxley Danes, please follow the link below.