Subject Leader - Religious StudiesBack to vacancies
SUBJECT LEADER – RELIGIOUS STUDIES
CROXLEY DANES SCHOOL
MPS/UPS + TLR 2b
Possibility of a TLR2c for a suitable candidate who can also co-ordinate the school’s PSHE programme.
Start Date: September 2020
We are seeking a full time Subject Leader – Religious Studies to provide leadership and direction for the department and ensure that it is managed and organised to meet the aims and objectives of the subject and faculty whilst also taking responsibility for securing high standards of teaching and learning and playing a major role in the development of school policy and practice. There is the possibility of a TLR2c for a suitable candidate who can also co-ordinate the school’s PSHE programme.
We would like you to have:
• Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• A passion for teaching and education in its widest sense
• Excellent subject and curriculum knowledge
• Experience of teaching at all Key Stages and demonstrating a positive impact on student progress and outcomes
• Ability to articulate an ambitious and appropriate vision for the department
• Ability to set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge both staff and students
• Ability to manage staff with structured challenge, support and CPD
• Ability to coach and train others to be highly effective teachers
• Ability to analyse and use data to raise departmental performance
• Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication with a range of stakeholders
• A willingness to undertake Continuing Professional Development and Learning (CPDL)
• The ability to show initiative, to multi-task and develop existing skills
• Ability to demonstrate patience, flexibility and a sense of humour
• Ability to cope with pressure and demonstrate a calm and measured response
We can offer:
• A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school
• The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
• The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
• Exceptional professional development opportunities both within the Trust and across the Teaching School Alliance
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to make an application:
• The full job description and an application form can be downloaded from the school website
• Applications to be sent to Mrs D Gamble (Recruitment Manager) by 10.00am on 24th February 2020
• Please include a covering letter and completed application form with the contact details of two referees.
• Early applications are advisable as the school reserves the right close the vacancy should a suitable applicant be found.
• Interviews to take place in the week commencing 24th February 2020.
Websites: www.stclementdanes.org.uk / www.croxleydanes.org.uk
Address: Chenies Road, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire WD3 6EW. Tel: 01923 589699