Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator (SENCO)Back to vacancies
We are seeking a SENCO to provide leadership and direction for the Special Educational Needs faculty ensuring that it is managed and organised to meet the aims and objectives of the school and to support the Leadership Team in securing effective teaching and learning and developing school policy and practice. The role is based at our new, mixed, state secondary school as it builds on its outstanding first two years of operation and prepares to move into its state of the art building on its permanent site in 2020.
We would like you to have:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- National Award for SENCO Qualification (NASENCO qualification)
- A passion for teaching and education in its widest sense
- Experience of teaching students at Key Stages 3 & 4 and demonstrating a positive impact on their progress
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication with a range of stakeholders
- A willingness to undertake Continuing Professional Development and Learning (CPDL)
- The ability to show initiative, to multi-task and develop existing skills
- Ability to demonstrate patience, flexibility and a sense of humour
- Ability to cope with pressure and demonstrate a calm and measured response
We can offer:
- A positive working environment within a brand new school setting developed by St Clement Danes, an Outstanding, ‘World Class’ school
- The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
- The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
- Exceptional professional development opportunities both within the Trust and across the Teaching School Alliance
Croxley Danes School is a new, all-ability, co-educational state secondary school serving South West Hertfordshire. It opened in September 2017 and already provides a high quality education to its first two cohorts of students. It will eventually grow to over 1200 students aged 11-18 at its permanent location where its buildings are currently under construction. Croxley Danes School is addressing a substantial shortfall in secondary places for 2017 and beyond and is fast becoming the first-choice school for the surrounding area.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to make an application:
- The full job description and an application form can be found below.
- Applications to be sent to Mrs Manisha Patel by 10am on Wednesday, 20th March 2019
- Please include a covering letter and completed application form with the contact details of two referees.