KS3 & KS4 Curriculum
The school’s curriculum will constantly reinforce the core values of excellence, aspiration and trust. Students who start in 2017 will follow the Key Stage 3 curriculum and, in 2020, students entering Year 10 will choose options and follow the Key Stage 4 programme of study. Croxley Danes' curriculum will be based on the highly successful model developed at St Clement Danes which allows for personalisation and challenge.
Teaching will be characterised by:
- detailed knowledge of every individual within a class
- high expectations of all
- very positive relationships with students and parents
- strong subject knowledge
- excellent use of assessment
- rapid and sustained progress by students
- engendering a love of learning in students
- delivering a creative curriculum which nourishes student enquiry.
Learning will be characterised by:
- the development of a love of learning in a safe and happy environment
- mastery of skills in literacy and numeracy at Key Stage 3
- being confident to be creative and to take calculated risks
- building resilience in students when faced with academic or personal adversity
- providing increasing opportunities for independent learning
- developing the ability of students to recognise when others need support and to make judgements about how to best provide such support
- developing a self-awareness of physical and emotional well-being.
At Key Stage 3, students will follow the National Curriculum, its broad and balanced range of subjects providing them with a secure basis upon which to progress to GCSE. In Year 7, they will study English, maths, science, art & photography, drama, music, French, geography, history, religious studies & philosophy, technology, computer science, physical education, dance and personal development. In Years 8 and 9, some students will add Spanish and some German and Spanish to this list.
At Key Stage 4, all students will take 4 or 5 GCSEs in the core subjects of English, maths and science and the vast majority will select 4 other GCSE options from a range of subjects. GCSE option subjects offered alongside St Clement Danes are likely to be: computing, French, Spanish, German, geography, history, religious studies, art, drama, music, business studies, food technology, graphic products, product design, textiles, physical education and dance. Students at risk of not attaining a good grade in the key qualifications of English or maths will choose only three GCSE option subjects to allow support lessons in literacy and numeracy to feature in their timetable.
To read more about the Key Stage 3 Curriculum at St Clement Danes, the blueprint for Croxley Danes, please follow the link below.