Learning Support PractitionerBack to vacancies
We are seeking a Learning Support Practitioner to join our team at The Danes Educational Trust. The role is based at Croxley Danes School, our new, mixed, state secondary school as it builds on its outstanding first two years of operation and prepares to move into its state of the art building on its permanent site in Croxley Green in 2020.
We would like you to have:
- Experience of ICT (Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills (GCSE English and Maths or equivalent)
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to communicate on all levels
- Ability to interact with and understand the needs of students, staff and visiting professionals
- Ability to be flexible in approach and to work as part of a team
- Previous experience working as a Learning Support Practitioner or similar is preferable but not essential
- Knowledge of SEN need types and evidence-based interventions would be advantageous
- Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools or a willingness to work towards the qualification
We can offer:
- A permanent contract of 33.5 hours per week, term time only plus INSET
- A positive working environment within a brand new school setting developed by St Clement Danes, an Outstanding, ‘World Class’ school
- The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
- The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
- Exceptional professional development opportunities
Croxley Danes School is a new, all-ability, co-educational state secondary school serving South West Hertfordshire. It opened in September 2017 and already provides a high quality education to its first two cohorts of students. It will eventually grow to over 1200 students aged 11-18 at its permanent location where its buildings are currently under construction. Croxley Danes School is addressing a substantial shortfall in secondary places for 2017 and beyond and is fast becoming the first-choice school for the surrounding area.
If you would like to join a high performing, supportive and friendly staff team, we look forward to hearing from you.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to make an application:
- The full job description and an application form can be downloaded from the links on this website
- Applications to be sent to Mrs M. Patel (HR Administrator) by 10am on Monday, 17th June 2019 at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include a covering letter and completed application form with the contact details of two referees.